Many interesting discoveries may be waiting for archaeologists, located in the famous `Valley
A group of Italian archaeologists unexpectedly discovered five tombs in the clean sand from the site of the temple built on the West Bank of the Nile during the reign of Amenhotep II (1427 – 1401 BC), reports Ahram Online. Archaeologists involved in these studies will be able to play slot machines for free without registration at an affordable price. The age of the graves was less than the age of the temple itself. According to the Minister of Affairs of antiquities of Egypt Mohammed Ibrahim, burials date back to 1075 – 664 BCE
Each tomb had a deep shaft leading into the burial chamber, where there was a wooden sarcophagus.
Sarcophaguses were painted with black and red paint. Inside the sarcophagus were found the human remains. In the tomb archaeologists also found several vessels, in which the ancient Egyptians used to place the internal organs of the dead.
Part of the vessels was made of limestone, the other of baked clay.
The lids of the vessels were manufactured in the form of heads of the four sons of the Egyptian God Horus: Imsety (with human head), hapy (baboon head), Duamutef (Jackal-headed) and Kobegenova(with head of Falcon). Continue reading
Mastering the most ancient part of Zaryadye commenced earlier than XIII century, and it is there now focused the interest of archaeologists, who recovered from under the bushel layers of all known eras artifacts give reason to confirm or obroski for different failure hypotheses. For example, the fact that the actual Moscow considerably exceeds the time that has passed since its first mention in Chronicles. Finishing the current season of excavation under the open sky, scientists from the cohort of “the science of shards” have something to brag about.
In the area, told the press expert Konstantin Voronin, “the density of finds are extremely high – about a dozen of individual items per square meter of excavation”. And the most impressive in size was a wooden bridge of the XVII century, found to the East, and marked the route “known to historical plans curve lane”. Swedish coin,fragments of the score and wrote to prove that a convenient place for mooring boats has become a brisk trade area with benches changed and even the possibility of accounting for and control of imported because tridevyat land products. Continue reading
National Park Petrified Forest is located along interstate 40 between the towns of Holbrook and Navajo. It is the world’s largest Deposit of colored petrified wood. In addition, the largest cut colored petrified wood fragments derived from the trunks found in this place. Most found here are samples of petrified wood belongs to the family Araucariaceae and in particular referring to Araucarioxylon arizonicum. Plants of this family have completely disappeared in the Northern hemisphere, but remains in the isolated populations in the southern hemisphere.
The Park consists of 2 areas. Northern territory, covering part of the sediments of the Chinle formation upper Triassic (220 million years) is called the Painted Desert. In the southern part there are several locations of petrified wood.
The Petrified Forest area was declared a national monument December 8, 1906, and in 1962 was opened the national Park. Currently the national Park is 885 km 2. Along with numerous localities of petrified wood, the Park’s attractions include Agate Agate house and bridge, built of petrified wood. Continue reading