Finds from the excavations are exhibited in the Monographic Museum.
Of Pollentia, or Pollentia is an ancient Roman city on the island of Mallorca, between the bays of alcúdia and Pollença, Alcudia closer to (the ruins of Pollentia are next to the wall of a medieval fortress Alcudia). It was founded in the year 123 BC by the Consul’s partial Ceciliam and was the capital of Mallorca and the most important city of the Balearic province.
The first excavations of the Roman town was carried out in the sixteenth century – due to accidentally found the head of the statue of the Roman Emperor Augustus. Regular archaeological surveys began in the last century, in 1923, under the direction of Professor Gabriel Quintana Llabres.
What you can see in Pollentia today?
Today Pollentia is 12 acres of excavation (approximately the city occupied approximately 16-18 hectares). Closest to Alcudia ruins of an ancient theatre. In addition, you can see Portello – residential area (also sometimes say “Portala”), where partially preserved building, which now bears the name of “House heads”, Continue reading
Black diggers by pretending to be employees of the Vsevolozhsk Museum, stole a Soviet attack aircraft
During the great Patriotic war the IL-2 was the most mass combat aircraft. Under the guidance of aircraft designer Sergei Ilyushin was released 36 thousand stormtroopers.
Our designers have called him “a flying tank” and the Germans for survivability and the lack of maneuverability was called “cement bomber”. Later, considering the power of the machine, hate the nickname “butcher” and “black death”.
Such planes are trying to recover at the Novosibirsk plant. But to find almost the whole IL-2 is priceless.
Fifteen aircraft had raised for his practice, and such a well-preserved copy was not found, — have shared the joy of the commander of the military-Patriotic search group “Vityaz” Nikolay Bukhtiyarov. — It happens once in a lifetime.
Fragments of the IL-2 they with children unearthed last week in the Luga district in three kilometers from the village Volodarskoye. First, the plane was noticed by the Rangers, they passed the information to the administration, and those attracted search engines. Continue reading
Many interesting discoveries may be waiting for archaeologists, located in the famous `Valley
A group of Italian archaeologists unexpectedly discovered five tombs in the clean sand from the site of the temple built on the West Bank of the Nile during the reign of Amenhotep II (1427 – 1401 BC), reports Ahram Online. Archaeologists involved in these studies will be able to play slot machines for free without registration at an affordable price. The age of the graves was less than the age of the temple itself. According to the Minister of Affairs of antiquities of Egypt Mohammed Ibrahim, burials date back to 1075 – 664 BCE
Each tomb had a deep shaft leading into the burial chamber, where there was a wooden sarcophagus.
Sarcophaguses were painted with black and red paint. Inside the sarcophagus were found the human remains. In the tomb archaeologists also found several vessels, in which the ancient Egyptians used to place the internal organs of the dead.
Part of the vessels was made of limestone, the other of baked clay.
The lids of the vessels were manufactured in the form of heads of the four sons of the Egyptian God Horus: Imsety (with human head), hapy (baboon head), Duamutef (Jackal-headed) and Kobegenova(with head of Falcon). Continue reading