Beautiful Park, famous people under the name of “Askold’s grave” — the place of many unfortunate things. Here in ancient times was dead and buried Prince Askold, after alternately gave way to the Church, city and German cemeteries, and in the middle of the twentieth century buried the soldiers who died during the liberation of Kiev. Many changes have endured and the Church of St. Nicholas at Askold grave: from the sanctuary to the Park pavilion.
The history of the Park “Askold’s grave”
According to the ancient legend, Askold’s tomb owes its name to the head of the Kiev. Prince Askold was deceived and murdered in 882, and then buried at the place of his death. The cause of the tragedy was the desire of the Novgorod Prince Oleg to take the place of Kievan ruler.
Another name of the area — “Ugric tract” (“Ugorske tract”). It appears QC memo about ugrah, which in ancient times led a nomadic life and set up camp near the Askold grave. Thereafter, the tribe moved West, where he founded his own public education — Hungary. Continue reading
Black diggers has been intensified in recent times in the territory Trostenetskaya the death camps. This was reported today to journalists the head of the Department of archaeology of the Middle ages and modern times of the Institute of history, National Academy of Sciences of Belarus Vadim Koshman . BelTA reports.
“The tract blagovschina, where they were shot about 150 thousand people, lately began to attract more black diggers. Usually they are looking for gold teeth and jewelry. I just find it hard to imagine that educated people took a shovel and went to dig the grave for the sake of personal belongings of the deceased. Besides the fact that it is an affront to historical memory, it is also a criminal offence under article 347 of the criminal code of Belarus” . — said Vadim Koshman.
According to the head of the center for the history of pre-industrial society of the Institute of history of national Academy Olga Levko . to fight illegal excavations extremely difficult: “Statistics on black diggers we can not provide, since we are operating not only the local “enthusiasts”, but also Russians, Ukrainians, Balts. These people are equipped with excellent equipment, they have SUVs, they are mobile and hard to pin down. Continue reading
Many interesting discoveries may be waiting for archaeologists, located in the famous `Valley
A group of Italian archaeologists unexpectedly discovered five tombs in the clean sand from the site of the temple built on the West Bank of the Nile during the reign of Amenhotep II (1427 – 1401 BC), reports Ahram Online. Archaeologists involved in these studies will be able to play slot machines for free without registration at an affordable price. The age of the graves was less than the age of the temple itself. According to the Minister of Affairs of antiquities of Egypt Mohammed Ibrahim, burials date back to 1075 – 664 BCE
Each tomb had a deep shaft leading into the burial chamber, where there was a wooden sarcophagus.
Sarcophaguses were painted with black and red paint. Inside the sarcophagus were found the human remains. In the tomb archaeologists also found several vessels, in which the ancient Egyptians used to place the internal organs of the dead.
Part of the vessels was made of limestone, the other of baked clay.
The lids of the vessels were manufactured in the form of heads of the four sons of the Egyptian God Horus: Imsety (with human head), hapy (baboon head), Duamutef (Jackal-headed) and Kobegenova(with head of Falcon). Continue reading