Beautiful Park, famous people under the name of “Askold’s grave” — the place of many unfortunate things. Here in ancient times was dead and buried Prince Askold, after alternately gave way to the Church, city and German cemeteries, and in the middle of the twentieth century buried the soldiers who died during the liberation of Kiev. Many changes have endured and the Church of St. Nicholas at Askold grave: from the sanctuary to the Park pavilion.
The history of the Park “Askold’s grave”
According to the ancient legend, Askold’s tomb owes its name to the head of the Kiev. Prince Askold was deceived and murdered in 882, and then buried at the place of his death. The cause of the tragedy was the desire of the Novgorod Prince Oleg to take the place of Kievan ruler.
Another name of the area — “Ugric tract” (“Ugorske tract”). It appears QC memo about ugrah, which in ancient times led a nomadic life and set up camp near the Askold grave. Thereafter, the tribe moved West, where he founded his own public education — Hungary. Continue reading
Larnaca which we know now wasn’t always Larnaca. Around the 12th century BC there was built the important ancient city-Kingdom of Kition. Kition was one of the centres of Phoenician and Mycenaean civilizations. The Mycenaean Greeks had built a huge wall and the complex of five temple, including the temple of the goddess of fertility Estate. After leaving Kition, the Mycenaeans went into decline and then revived with the arrival of Phoenicians on the island. The Phoenicians brought with them a developed craft, Maritime Commerce and their rich culture. Entire trading ships began to arrive in the harbour of Kition with the goods and leave with copper. After several centuries of reign island was conquered first the Persians and then Alexander the great himself.
In the 7th century Kition was almost destroyed by the raids of Arabs. And with the arrival of merchants from Genoa city was again transformed. Since the purpose of merchants was the extraction of salt from Salt lakes Kition was renamed Salina . But the name Larnaca, the town got during the reign of the Ottoman Empire. Larnaca in Greek means “tomb”. Continue reading
Many interesting discoveries may be waiting for archaeologists, located in the famous `Valley
A group of Italian archaeologists unexpectedly discovered five tombs in the clean sand from the site of the temple built on the West Bank of the Nile during the reign of Amenhotep II (1427 – 1401 BC), reports Ahram Online. Archaeologists involved in these studies will be able to play slot machines for free without registration at an affordable price. The age of the graves was less than the age of the temple itself. According to the Minister of Affairs of antiquities of Egypt Mohammed Ibrahim, burials date back to 1075 – 664 BCE
Each tomb had a deep shaft leading into the burial chamber, where there was a wooden sarcophagus.
Sarcophaguses were painted with black and red paint. Inside the sarcophagus were found the human remains. In the tomb archaeologists also found several vessels, in which the ancient Egyptians used to place the internal organs of the dead.
Part of the vessels was made of limestone, the other of baked clay.
The lids of the vessels were manufactured in the form of heads of the four sons of the Egyptian God Horus: Imsety (with human head), hapy (baboon head), Duamutef (Jackal-headed) and Kobegenova(with head of Falcon). Continue reading